CyanogenMod 12S update for the OnePlus One is now hitting the airwaves [download link]


CyanogenMod 12S OnePlus One

Cyanogen has just announced via their official Twitter that Android Lollipop for the OnePlus One has officially started to rollout. It brings along with it Material Design and a few new features.

One of the best things about the latest update is that the user is able to use the new “App Themer” to theme individual applications, something that wasn’t possible before natively.

It also includes Cyanogen’s new email service, powered by Boxer. The Boxer email application includes as much customization as CM 12S, which is awesome. It includes account integration, quick replies, and custom LED notifications.

Since CM 12S is finally here, have you received the update? Let us know! I know what I’m doing when I get home.


Thanks to some great users over on Reddit, we got our hands on the actual captured OTA. You can download it here.

Here’s how to install:

Note: This zip file will only work if you are coming Android 4.4.4 and nothing else.

1. Download the file

2. Place file somewhere easily accessible on your OnePlus One

3. Reboot to recovery (TWRP is the best option, I used it)

4. Wipe cache and install the zip.

Make sure you are confident with what you are doing, you could mess up your device!



It has definitely been a long time coming, but it now seems as if CyanogenMod 12S is finally on the horizon for OnePlus One users. Two weeks after the expected release of the Cyanogen-made ROM, Carl Pei has announced that the rollout could begin as soon as today.

Originally, CM 12S was supposed to be released on or before March 30, but missed the deadline due to certification issues. OnePlus One users weren’t totally left hanging, as OnePlus released their own ROM called OxygenOS, but it is is in its infancy and is missing many features that are default on CM 12S.

The good news is that the rollout will most likely begin today, with Tuesday and Wednesday possibilities as well, as long as it goes smoothly. Carl Pei wouldn’t give exact times for when the rollout will begin, but gave a 75% chance for today, followed by 15% for tomorrow, and 10% for Wednesday. On a side note, the rollout will also be available in India.

With all of the delays that have occurred so far, I wouldn’t be surprised if it hit the airwaves Wednesday or later, but I’m hoping for today. I’ll continually check my OnePlus One and try to capture the OTA, then update this article later.


About Author

I skateboard, listen to metal, write on my website FWNED, autocross, and love messing with new phones. Currently I'm using a Pixel XL running Pure Nexus with ElementalX as my daily driver.