At the Xiaomi Redmi Note launch event, the company has announced that the Redmi Note 4G would be launching in India soon. This has support for FDD-LTE 2300MHz (Band 40) and TDD-LTE 1800MHz (Band 3) for India and is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 SoC, instead of Octa-Core MediaTek chip in the 3G variant. This has single SIM support, unlike the dual SIM 3G variant. It comes pre-loaded with Fleksy and SwiftKey keyboards.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G specifications:
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.6 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 400 (MSM8928) processor with Adreno 305
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- MIUI v5 Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3100 mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G is priced at Rs. 9,999. It would go on sale online through Flipkart and the company has partnered with Airtel to sell the smartphone in Airtel flagship stores across six cities in India. Registrations for the smartphone would begin soon on Airtel website and the smartphone would go on sale by the second half of December.