There is a lot of activity in the new brands area these days, and the ones making, arguably, the most noise , are Xiaomi and Lenovo. Both the companies have had their share of success, and both have introduced devices which are special in their own unique ways. Xiaomi has the lead over the two in terms of sales , but that doesn’t mean Lenovo can’t catch up. Both the brands have used the flash sale technique, but its Xiaomi that has conquered, and has become, a “Budget smartphone King” so to speak.
Recently, Xiaomi announced the Mi Note series, with the Mi Note Pro , being the better. The Specs on the Mi Note are so good in fact, that people are calling it the Note Killer. Lenovo, on the other hand, have not yet released a true beast of a smartphone, but that is all about to change. There is news floating, of a Lenovo Vibe Z3 Pro, which , if the spec sheet is to be believed, could pitch for the smartphone of the year title. The layered smartphone concept is very innovative , and also beautiful to look at , and while the Vibe family has had mid rangers ,this will be their first no-hold-barred killing machine. Both Spec Sheets are available,so lets go ahead and see how the brawl pans out.
- Connectivity – Both devices feature 2G,3G and 4G connectivity , along with the Dual Sim feature.Both brands have conformed with the current industrial norms and are thus safe to move on to the next segment of comparison.
- Display – The Mi Note Pro will feature a 5.7 inch IPS LCD QHD display, with gorilla glass 3 protection. The Vibe Z3 Pro, on the other hand will feature a 5.5 inch IPS LCD QHD display with the all new Gorilla Glass 4 protection. When it comes to size, the Mi Note Pro wins, but personally, I feel, anything more than 5.5 inch is really big and should be called a mini tablet. One handed use may have been simplified by the software of today, but still, when it comes to handling the phone, its a bit bulky and you run the risk of dropping it . I would give the upper hand to the Vibe Z3 Pro.
- Performance – Both devices will feature the Snapdragon 810 chipset, which features a quad core 1.5 GHz Cortex A-53 CPU and a Quad core 2 GHz Cortex A-57 CPU with the same Adreno 430 GPU. Overall, I feel the performance will be the same for both the devices, at least on paper. We will have to see the hands on for both the devices to really see if there is indeed any difference in Performance.
- Memory – Both devices come with a mind bashing 4 GB of RAM. The difference is that the Vibe Z3 Pro comes with 32 GB of in built memory, while the Mi Note Pro comes with 64 GB of in-built memory. Another difference is that the Vibe Z3 Pro will have memory expansion upto 128 GB , while Mi Note Pro will not have any memory expansion via sd card. Both devices are going to be butter smooth multi taskers and while Xiaomi wins based on internal memory, its Lenovo which dominates the rest.
- Camera – The Mi Note Pro will feature a 13 MP rear camera with autofocus and dual LED flash, along with video recording of [email protected] The front sensor will be 4 MP which will also be able to record full HD. The Vibe completely annihilates the Mi Note Pro with a 16 MP rear camera which comes with OIS , Dual LED flash and can record QHD videos as well. The front camera will be a 8 MP sensor. There’s no doubt as to who is the winner here. Lenovo have finally got a chance to shine in the limelight.
- Battery – The Mi Note Pro will be powered by a 3090 mAh battery while the Vibe Z3 pro will be powered by a 3400 mAh battery. Though there is not much difference in the batteries, its going to be Lenovo who will take the prize and also the brawl.
All in all, Looks like Lenovo has taken a bold step and finally mounted a stiff challenge to Xiaomi , and the other brands. It will not be long before people will be seen talking about the new Big Boys in the Smartphone market.