The OnePlus One was touted to be the flagship killer , but looks like there’s a bigger fish in the market. Say hello to the Saygus V2. It was unveiled at the CES, and went on to win the Innovation Award 2015. Saygus is a company based in Utah, and while it was not so well known in the past, they have burst into the scene , all guns blazing. What is it then, that won the phone the Innovation Award, and why have I named it the Cold Blooded Flagship Killer ?
Lets take a look –
Since the final spec list is not out yet, I will looks at this device from a different perspective –
- The Saygus v2 may not be the lightest phone in the market, but the exclusive material used to make this beauty will make you forget the weight in the first place. We have a Magnesium Mid Frame, Edges made of Kevlar and the sides are anodized Aluminium. If these are not exclusive, I don’t know what is. All hardware buttons are arranged along the sides, including the camera shutter key, and also, the fingerprint scanner.
- There are two front facing stereo speakers optimized by Harman Kardon sound technology. This means only one thing – Incredible sound , and an unforgettable experience.
- The Saygus V2 comes with a 3100 mAh battery, with something Saygus is calling a ” Power Saving Chip “. According to the company, this power saving chip will actually churn out the same performance you will get with a 4600 mAh battery. Qi Wireless charging is also included in the package. So, in an ideal world, we are looking at atleast 2-3 days on a single charge.
- 2G, 3G and 4G connectivity is provided,, along with WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC. Another addition to this lineup is a 60Hz Wireless gaming beamer. This is by far, the strongest connectivity package I have come across.
- Display – We have a 5 inch 1080p Full HD display with an “edge to edge borderless display”. The Kevlar edges ensure the edges are unobstructive. We will also get the new Gorilla Glass 4 protection, a feature which, even the most advanced smartphones today are lacking. The selling point of this display is that, apparently, this display will be legible, even in full sunlight, and the auto brightness will be handled by front and back sensors for the best results.
- The Device will be running stock android, with a few pre loaded apps from the Saygus company. The stock android OS has been garnering a lot of popularity, with a lot of new manufacturers and devices adopting the stock android rather than coating it with their own UI.
- Performance – The Saygus V2, will feature the 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU and a crazy 3 GB RAM. This configuration will handle anything you throw at it and still have some energy left for more. We will get 64 GB in-built storage, with dual SD card support. Each slot can accomodate upto 128 GB each, which means we can have a total of 320 GB of storage. Anyone order a mobile phone hard disk? your order is ready.
- Camera – Saygus have put in their device , a sizzling Camera package. We have a 21 MP rear manera with dual led flash, and a 13 MP front camera , which will give you the best Selfies ever.