Almost everyone was amazed by Xiaomi’s keynote back in January, but the company is not yet done surprising their fans all over the globe.
Today Xiaomi Announced on their forum a new product line from their company called the Yi Sports Camera. It was teased a week ago on their forum comparing its size small as a matchbox.
Like all Xiaomi’s product, the Yi Sports Camera is also affordable and equipped with high specs hardware. They are now targeting the action cam market that is dominated by GoPro, will the Yi Sports Camera be a threat to big companies in the sports camera market? Lets just wait until they release it this Q2 2015.
The Yi Sports Camera comes with a 16MP Sony Exmor Sensor, WiFi & Bluetooth Connectivity with remote control and social media sharing.
– 72 Grams and made from PC + ABS and metal composite materials
– Ambarella A7LS Processor
– Sony Exmor R BSI CMOS 16 Million Pixel Sensor
– 155° (Mobile Phone 89°) Wide Angle Lens
– 3D Noise Reduction
– WiFi Connectivity (Up to 100 Metres), easily transfer video and photos to your smartphone
– BLE Ultra-low power consumption
– Bluetooth and Remote App control
– 4 Operating modes include; Photo, Time-lapse photo, Timed photo and Video
– Share to social media within 10 seconds using the smartphone APP.
– 1080p 60 FPS
– 1080p 30 FPS
– 720p 120 FPS
– 720p 240 FPS
– H.264 Video encoding with Sport level image processor providing ultra high-fluency.
Available in Urban White or Jungle colorways. (Tripod also available)
There is a great possibility that this device will be available in the US. After entering the US market, I’m sure this is a product that will led their fame to the US market. Price is Estimated at $80
Will you be interested in having this device? Is Xiaomi betting on the sports cam market or dominate it?
Let us know in the comments below.