Recently, there was news that Japanese Electronic giant Sony is ready to sell of its smartphone division, due to recurring losses. This news came as a shock to the world as Sony had already sold off its famous Vaio laptop division in order to keep the company afloat. If the trend continues, if Sony announces its complete shutdown from all business. The only chance for them to revive their smartphone market and their fortunes is to launch a smartphone more powerful than anything seen ever before. The stakes are even higher now, as Android gets new OEMs every other day, and even they post some mind numbing sales, even on their debut.
There has been a lot of talk about the upcoming Sony Flagship (Xperia Z4 ), with leaks pouring in every other day, and it looks like the preliminary spec sheet is now available.
Lets take a look at the upcoming Xperia Z4 and hope that it has the firepower to carry its parent across the line –
- Connectivity – The Z4 will feature the full range of conectivity options , that is , 2G, 3G and 4G connectivity. A dual Sim edition is doubtful, and looking at the company’s current financial situation, they should put in every cent into this device. Overall, there’s nothing missing in the connectivity package, and so, from the connectivity end, the Z4 is a go.
- Display – The Z4 will mostly feature a 5.2 inch QHD display, complete with Sony’s proprietary software which includes the Triluminous display and the X-reality engine. The pixel density is reportedly 565 ppi, which means crystal clear text, treat-to-the eyes color output, and a big smile on your face. The Z4 will also feature shatterproof-glass, but whether its really shatterproof remains to be seen. The device is also IP68 certified, which means, the Z4 will be dust proof and water proof. Sony has checked all boxes in the display department as well. If this is what the Z4 will feature at the time of launch, we are looking at the most potent Display package ever to grace the smartphone world.
- Performance – The device will feature the Snapdragon 810 chipset, which features a Quad Core 1.5 GHz Cortex A-53 CPU and a Quad core 2 GHz Cortex A-57 CPU along with an Adreno 430 GPU. The 810 chipset has seen its own share of delays, so hopefully, at least for the sake of the Sony’s survival, the Chipset makes it in time and with zero problems. Otherwise, the performance package is looking good, almost enviable.
- Memory – This is where the phone goes to a whole new level. The Z4 will feature 32/64 GB of in-built storage with Sd card expansion upto 128 GB, and if thats not enough, the device comes with a mammoth 4GB RAM. If this indeed is implemented, then this will definitely be the phone to beat, at least when memory and multi-tasking is concerned. Sony has one chance and looks like they are giving it every thing they’ve got. Great going Sony!
- Camera – Sony devices have had some pf the best smartphoen cameras in the industry and looks like the Z4 will carry on that torch with ease. We are looking at a possible 20.7MP rear and 5MP front camera sensor package. The rear sensor will be assisted with an led flash. To be honest, i would have loved dual led flash, and hopefully, Sony can put that in instead of the single LED flash. The 20.7 rear camera is going to be a cracker, and if sony provides the attachable lens , its going to an early christmas.
No news has been released regarding the battery rating, but I hope the battery clocks higher than 3000 mAh, as thats the only way the phone is going to be able to give you a day or more of usage on single charge. Also, I hope they bundle the Xperia Z4 with Quickcharge 2.0, IR port, and a better UI. Sony’s UI has not been the best by a long shot, so if they could refresh their UI, then this phone is going to get Sony roaring back into action.